Monday, April 28, 2014

The Hurt Locker

The movie was very good! I liked the fact that it wasn't a "shoot em' up" war movie and actually got into depth about the relationships of the soldiers and the emotions that they go through on a day to day basis. I knew about the bomb squads but I never knew that there were so many bombs in Iraq. I was unaware of how common the bombs were. The job in itself is crazy but being in enemy territory is frightening. Not knowing who people are, not knowing their intentions, and the possibility of every report of a bomb being a set up is mind boggling. The content is quite significant do to the relevance and how recent these events occurred. The main character was obviously the most interesting. He became detached from his family and found it near impossible to survive in the regular world. I think a powerful scene was when he was in the grocery store. He had problems finding food. And when he had to get cereal, he was overwhelmed by all the choices. He was used to the same foods and same choices. This is one movie that I would definitely recommend to others! The way it is filmed is different and keeps you interested throughout the movie. The actors are very good, and the plot was as well. I had no idea what the term "hurt locker" meant, so I of course looked it up. Many different things came up, but the one that I think represents what is trying to be portrayed in the movie is what GI's consider a severe injury. This makes sense because of all the injuries and deaths that occurred as well as the possibly injuries that could have occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment