Monday, April 28, 2014

United 93

I enjoyed the United 93 movie very much! I had seen it 3 or 4 times before, but it had been awhile. Seeing it again brought back a lot of emotions and made me very thankful for a lot of things. The movie does a great job of portraying the confusion that existed that day. And the follow up with the George Bush interview brought the movie to reality. It also gave me a better understanding on the presidents role in 9/11. In the past he was criticized for how he handled it, but hearing him explain the events that day gave me a new outlook. I believed that he handled the situation the best he could and did what he could with what he had.

After watching United 93 it filled me with hope more so then despair. It filled me with hope because I watched the fight that the passengers had. That fight is something that every American has. I also saw the care that people had for each other. They knew that they weren't going to live so they fought to save others. In my opinion their are many things that should never be forgotten about 9/11. We should never forget the people who lost their lives as victims and those who tried to save lives but ended up losing their own. We should also never forget what could happen when we put our guard down. The last thing that we should never forget is the unity that we had as a nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment