Sunday, February 23, 2014

Cinderella Man

I suppose the movie was titled Cinderella Man because of James was the underdog who ended up finishing in first place (kind of). I completely loved the story. James is a very inspiring person because of the love he shows his family. Some issues people face today is being poor and unable to afford simple things that we take for granted like heat and electricity. I would have done the same thing Jimmy's son did if I were in that situation. Seeing your parents struggle must be very pain and I would feel as though it was my duty to help them with whatever I could. In movies there always has to be a antagonist and in this film Max Bear was it. I don't think it takes away from the story either. If anything it made it more interesting. If he was a nice guy it would have been a pretty boring match. The scene where James goes to Madison Square garden to beg for money from the same men who ended his career is not pathetic at all to me. I admire how humble he is. I could never bring myself to do something like that especially since they're the reason I have to beg.

No comments:

Post a Comment