Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Glory

What I liked most about the movie Glory was seeing the relationships build between the black soldiers. One thing I did not like about the film was how graphic the fighting scenes were. At the end of the movie I was disappointed to find out that all the main characters were killed...not knowing the history of the film I was foolishly expecting a happy ending. I believe people are willing to fight for their country because they feel like their more so fighting for their families and friends. The significance of the story was to show us the treatment of African American soldiers in the civil war.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Bre. I didn't like the gruesome fighting scenes and seeing people lose their lives. I as well, thought there would have been a happy ending. The men seem to have an amazing bond between each other. The treatment of the African Americans wasn't as good but they felt that's what they were called to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see you open this up a bit by delving into the prompts more deeply. Each is designed to do so. Your comments, although appreciated, are vague considering the time period, as well as the issues and challenges presented throughout the film. I'd like to see you take a step further and add greater depth to your posts/thoughts. Thanks for considering it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Bre, This movie demonstrated how African-Americans were treated in the civil war. I also was expecting happy ending, It slipped my mind that the movie was supposed to be realistic. Unfortunately real life doesn't typically have happy endings or righteous deaths.

    ReplyDelete